Here are a few fun facts about Coffee. Sense I’m getting into the Coffee business, I figured, why not learn more and more about Coffee. Why not? Here are some fun facts to enjoy.
Coffee was originally eaten. African tribes mixed Coffee Berries with fat, which in turn made edible energy balls.
All Coffee in the world is grown in what’s known as the “Bean Belt.” It stretches between the tropics of Cancer and Capricorn. Hawaii is the only state in the US that grows this remarkable bean.
In 1675, the King of England banned Coffee Houses, claiming that they were places where people met to conspire against him.
70% of the world consumes Arabica Coffee, which is a mild and aromatic Coffee. The other 30% of Coffee drinkers, drink Robusta, which is more bitter, but has half again (50% more) as much caffeine.
Coffee grows on Trees, which can grow up to 30 feet tall. Farmers find them difficult to harvest though at that height, instead, they cultivate the Trees to grow at around 10 feet instead.
The Bean is actually a Seed inside a bright red berry.
Coffee is the second most traded Commodity in the world. Second only to Oil.
It’s also the most drank liquid on the planet. Second only to water.
There you have it. Some fun facts about Coffee. Maybe there is something in there that you didn’t know? What’s your favorite kind of Coffee? Do you like it straight or do you perhaps like a Cappuccino style?